Venture Fellow Program
Alumni Ventures’ Venture Fellow program is a year-long, part-time and remote Venture Capital fellowship that educates and empowers diverse professionals to launch careers in VC and entrepreneurship.
- HomeTo provide world-class professional development and hands-on learning opportunities in venture capital.
- HomeTo further diversity in the VC ecosystem, in particular, providing opportunities to traditionally underrepresented or previously excluded groups.
- HomeTo provide access to careers in venture capital, serving as a career accelerator and onramp into the industry. Prior professional venture investing experience is not required.
VFP Graduates since 2014
of Graduates transition to a role in VC or related field
of current fellows come from underrepresented backgrounds
Through the Venture Fellow Program Fellows:
- HomeGain hands-on experience in VC investing – including direct involvement in sourcing, diligence support, deal review, and other learning while embedded with a small team of Alumni Ventures’ experienced venture capitalists
- HomeParticipate in structured “VC 101” curriculum, building VC knowledge and expertise
- HomeBecome part of Alumni Ventures’ network of teammates, fellows, and alumni, a growing community of leaders in the VC space
- HomeAdd venture capital experience to their resume, getting their foot in the door in the industry
Interested in Joining the Venture Fellow Program?
Individuals of all genders, races/ethnicities, industries, experiences, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The Venture Fellow Program is thrilled to announce its January 2023 cohort of fellows
Alumni Ventures is excited to welcome its January 2023 cohort of the Venture Fellow Program (VFP). The program is a one-of-a-kind career accelerator and educational experience that offers a groundbreaking on-ramp to a career in venture capital (VC).
See testimonial policy below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fellows must a) be located in the United States, b) have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and c) must not be an investor in Alumni Ventures or one of our funds.
No; experience in venture capital is not required, only a passion for VC and career aspirations in the ecosystem.
There is no cost to participants; Alumni Ventures covers the full cost of the program and required resources.
Fellows who share a university affiliation with one of Alumni Ventures’ alumni funds are typically considered to be a Fellow with the corresponding fund. However, alumni affiliation is not required; fellows of all university affiliations and backgrounds can apply to the VFP.
Graduates of the fellow program move into a variety of roles in the VC and entrepreneurial ecosystem including working as venture capital investors, founders/CEOs of startups, operators at a VC or startup, VC fund managers and more.