A diversified fund investing in innovative ventures in sports and gaming
- HomeInvest in the future of sports, with a focus on innovative technologies, products and services, and business models
- Home~15-20 venture investments made over ~12-18 months — diversified by stage, sector, geography, lead investor
- HomeReserves ~25% to pursue follow-on opportunities in the most promising portfolio investments
- HomeInvestments sourced by a team of dedicated investing professionals, our network of handpicked Scouts, AV’s 600K+ supporters, and other AV funds
See video policy below.
Figures represent 8 funds offered during 2022 and investors and community across all Focused Funds since inception.
AV’s Sports Fund Advantages
- HomeTeam of experienced investors, all with connections to sports community
- HomeNetwork of independent Scouts, sharing investment opportunities in various regions, subsectors
- HomeNetwork of 600K+ supporters who provide advice, referrals, connections
- HomeRobust support to entrepreneurs through our CEO Services
- HomeInterest and ability to support our most promising companies in follow-on rounds
Get Answers to Your Questions by Phone or Zoom
Review the topics most important to you with a team member.
Sports Fund News
Content at the intersection of entrepreneurship, venture capital, and specific industry sectors.
Carry1st: Driving Growth in Africa’s Massive Mobile Gaming EconomyExpanding mobile services in Africa presents an enormous opportunity, with 800 million potential users still without mobile devices or connectivity. Younger users who do have smartphones want to do two things: play mobile games and interact with friends — just like their peers on every other continent.
Gametime United: Mobile-First Event Ticketing PlatformAlumni Ventures portfolio company Gametime United is a growing force for change in the online ticketing market while addressing common pain points within the space. The company’s ticketing platform for mobile users sells a wide array of tickets up to the last-minute to the most popular sports, music, and theater events in cities across the U.S. and Canada. By building a marketplace with a superior user interface and experience, Gametime has effectively competed with large incumbents such as Ticketmaster and StubHub in the $52 billion ticketing market.
Enter Secure Data Room
for key fund materials
- HomeFund Information
- HomePerformance Data
- HomeInvestor Rewards
- HomeFund Policies
Sample AV Sports Fund Deals
These investments, from AV's existing portfolio, are examples of the Sports Fund's investing strategy.*
Ad platform and analytics tool for gaming sector
Natural supplements for sleep, calm, and energy
Personalized digital fitness and training services
App for better health & wellness decisions
Tech-enabled rowing machine
Smart ring delivering personal health data
Mobile fantasy football platform
App for trading fantasy shares of sports players
Sports video games with 3D, VR player simulations
*For illustration purposes only. These investments are not intended to suggest any level of investment returns; not necessarily indicative of investments invested by any one fund or investor. Many returns in investments result in the loss of capital invested. These investments are not available to future fund investors except potentially in certain follow-on investment options.
Access Fund Materials
- HomeFund information
- HomePerformance data
- HomeSpeak with our team
Review on your own, chat online, or speak with our team.